Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long weekend starts today


Tomorrow is long weekend. I am excited that I am going to Edmonton tomorrow.
I am planning to have a prosperous weekend.

Dow looks great today as it surged to 8085. This market is so funny, any good news can drive the numbers up by 200 points and it can drop so quickly too. I guess no one can figure out this market.
Ford is up today. I am really happy that my wait is paying off. I am hoping that this stock will quadruple within a few months.

The news:

- NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are ending at their highest level in two months after banking giant Wells Fargo & Co. surprised the market with an early profit report that blew past analysts' expectations. Investors have been grasping at any sign of improvement in the crippled banking industry, and Wells Fargo's report Thursday that it expects first-quarter earnings of $3 billion provided an encouraging sign that a deep freeze in borrowing activity may finally be thawing.
- NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices rose sharply Thursday despite more hints that energy use is way down, with traders focusing instead on a rising stock market and surprising news from retailers that suggests Americans are spending money.

If you are reading this, I wish you a very happy Easter and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment