Monday, April 6, 2009

OPC on the rise


This was not one of my best weekends.
I was not too happy about my poker game.
I did not do too well. I did not make my quota.
Anyway, I just have to play better.

OPC is doing so well this morning. I really don’t know what is happening. I just hope that it goes over $ 3 / share so I can sell half of my shares.
Dow is on the down slide as I predicted. This is just a gloomy Monday.

Here are some highlights:

- NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street pulled back in early trading Monday as investors paused from a four-week rally to take profits ahead of first-quarter earnings reports.


- SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Shares of Sun Microsystems Inc. fell in pre market trading Monday on news that IBM Corp. withdrew an acquisition offer.
- Oil prices retreated to below $52 a barrel Monday, tracking a downturn in stock markets, as investors worried about the upcoming U.S. corporate earnings season and the failure of a major takeover deal.

L'AQUILA, Italy – A powerful earthquake in mountainous central Italy knocked down whole blocks of buildings early Monday as residents slept, killing more than 70 people in the country's deadliest quake in nearly three decades, officials said. Tens of thousands were homeless and 1,500 were injured.

Here is some glimpse of hope:

- WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Treasury Department is trying to ensure broader participation from hedge funds and other private investors in its bad asset purchase program by loosening the criteria for those who want to take part.
Treasury on Monday relaxed a requirement that companies have at least $10 billion in capital under management in order to participate, and emphasized that the program is open to small and women- and minority-owned firms.

- DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F - News) has reduced its automotive debt by 38 percent, or $9.9 billion, part of a series of moves to bolster its finances amid the global automotive downturn, the company said on Monday.

If you are reading read, I just hope that you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment