Monday, April 20, 2009

Yet another gloomy Monday


I am running badly in poker. I got nothing going for me this weekend (No flush, no set, and no full house). I am just glad that I only dropped a few bills. I just need to alter my game a little bit; again you can’t do a whole lot if the deck is not helping.

I am glad that I could take Tracy out for her birthday. She enjoyed her dinner at the Fish place. I am glad that she liked her gifts.

DOW is on the fall again this morning. It’s not a good feeling when you see the market drop by 200 points in the early morning. I just hope that it gets better during the week.

Stocks slide as investors dump financials:


NEW YORK (AP) -- Investors are having doubts about banks' profit reports, and wondering whether their better-than-expected performance mask larger problems with bad debt. Stocks fell sharply early Monday as investors sold financial stocks and looked to lock in profits after a six-week rally. The major indexes slid about 2 percent, including the Dow Jones industrial average, which fell 175 points.
Worries about the financial industry overshadowed Oracle Corp.'s announcement that it would acquire Sun Microsystems Inc. for $7.4 billion and a $6 billion bid by PepsiCo Inc. to acquire its two biggest bottlers.

I am hoping that we will get out of this by the middle of the week.
Good luck to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment